So I was scrapbooking some pictures from December 2010 today, and I went an old blog post to see if I had written anything about them. And I realized that with as spotty as my blogging is, there are so many pictures I have that I don't have anything written about. And after 4 1/2 years you just forget things.
So I need to make a post.
This past weekend was Independence Day, and we went to our ward's traditional breakfast. It started out rather fun, the kids were running around playing
After a pause to eat, everyone got on the swings.
So then Owen wanted to run around again. And he had great fun. Until he tripped. He scraped up his knee and made his mouth and nose bloody. Good thing Mom always carries bandaids in her purse.
No sooner had I put him down, than he went running for the swingset. Where every swing was full. And the kids were all swinging high and fast, and wouldn't think about (or be able to) stopping for the little kid running around. So I took off after him to catch him. And tripped. (I inherited my mother's grace, it seems). I ended up falling ON TOP of Owen, bloodying his mouth and nose again, and smacking my face on the back of his head. Which of course dug my sunglasses into my cheek. I didn't realize how hard I'd hit until later. I was in quite a bit of pain already, and would have left, but the kids wanted to join in the parade. Erin had been super excited for it for a couple weeks already.
Of course, Allison chose that moment to wet her pants, so we ended up leaving early anyway. We went home and I put something cold on my face, took some ibuprofin, and a nap.
After a couple days, I had people very studiously *not* looking at me while walking around the store.
We went over to some friends' house for dinner, but by then I was really feeling my fall, so I didn't end up taking any pictures of anything. Ooops.


No comments:
Post a Comment