So, I really don't do well with off-schedule days, apparently. I really thought of myself as someone who thrived without a set schedule....until I had kids. And it seems like I need the schedule for the children more than the kids need the schedule. So Spring Break was difficult for me. Add to that getting sick (on TOP of my continuing allergy crud that I've been sick with since we moved here), and it's been several days of just getting nothing done.
But yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and I wasn't going to let that slide by. The kids all put on their green, and we had our traditional Irish Stew and Soda bread dinner, with Vernor's Gingerale to drink (because it has a leprechaun on the can, of course).
And today was Grocery Shopping Day. I put that in all capitals like it's a holiday, but it's really not a holiday. Every 2 weeks I do a big grocery shopping trip. And today I wasn't feeling well, so I didn't get my last store in, which is okay, because we didn't need anything from there imminently.
And since I've been sick, and Owen's had several rough nights in a row (thanks to teething. Stupid teeth), I came home and laid down in my bed and passed out. Owen was napping, and Allison was playing on the kindle fire on the couch until the Bigs got home, and they (amazingly!) did their homework and then all went to watch Pokemon on the TV in the playroom. I woke up at 5:30 because Owen woke up and then Matt called, and I had not started dinner, so he decided we'd go to the nearby chinese buffet restaurant, where the Bigs had fun with chopsticks.
And I made myself another to-do list. I started making myself one every day and found it really helpful. And then I got sick and everything fell apart. So here's to regaining myself tomorrow!










No comments:
Post a Comment